Saturday, November 27, 2021

Indian Army slams The HIndu newspaper on ‘fake news’ of India-China face-off





The Indian army has dismissed the media reports claiming that a minor face-off took place between Indian and Chinese troops in Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh in May.

The English daily, The Hindu reported that according to a senior government official “There was a minor face-off between Indian and Chinese troops in the no-patrolling zone at Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh in the first week of May, a senior government official told The Hindu. However, no clash occurred and the two sides disengaged quickly.”

But the Army clarified that no such incident happened and the article published in the media “seems to be inspired by sources who may be trying to derail the ongoing process for early resolution of issues in Eastern Ladakh”.

 They also informed the same through their official Twitter handle and wrote, “It is clarified that NO such minor face-off has taken place between Indian and Chinese troops at #Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh in the first week of May 2021 as reported,” they said in a series of tweets.

The  Army Chief General MM Naravane further confirmed it in a television interview where he mentioned that the neighbor (referring to China) has been “cordial so far”. Also, it is important to note that he pointed out that “disengagement has happened, (but), not de-escalation”.  Last week also General Naravane mentioned that India is keeping a close eye on Chinese military activities.  He also hoped that both sides will be able to make forward movement in resolving issues in other areas.

 


Read More

SP means gundaraj, corruption and riots, says Yogi Adityanath

Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath dismissed the supposition that an Mahagathbandhan would spoil BJP’s chances of retaining the State in the coming assembly...
Support Us
Contribute to see NewsBred grow. And rejoice that your input has made it possible.