Senior Journalist Pramila Dixit, wife of late journalist Rohit Sardana took to Twitter to launch a foundation, Rohit Sardana Foundation, to support independent journalism in the name of senior journalist.
“The passing away of a person may be considered as the passing away of his body, but his thoughts live on forever. The Rohit Sardana Foundation is just the beginning of a new episode that is committed to keeping alive the nation first in journalism,” said Pramila Dixit on Twitter.
According to Dixit, The foundation aims to execute his plans to bring a massive impact in the field of journalism that puts nation first. The trust also launched a fundraiser that aims to raise Rs. 3 crore. However, it is yet to reach mass people.
The funds raised from this campaign will be utilized for:
- Research, innovation & advancement in the field of mass-media.
- Provide scholarships, grants, other monetary assistance for media persons.
- Promote education in the field of journalism & mass communication.
- Research & contribution to the development & reform of journalism.
- Rohit Sardana Awards: Encourage promising journalists who are making India strong
Senior Aaj Tak journalist Rohit Sardana, passed away recently after testing positive for the covid-19. He also suffered a heart attack.